Relaxation Time and Conductivity at a Rural Station: Raicbur
- 183 Downloads
An examination of decay and growth rates of electric field near the ground during total solar eclipse of 16 February 1980 was made to study the electrical relaxation time and conductivity at Raichur. The Values obtained i.e., 1320 seconds and 67.1163 x 10-16 mhos m-1 of the two parameters were in fair agreement with the reported ones at the rural locations.
KeywordsRelaxation Time Solar Eclipse Rural Location Rural Environment Rural Station
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anderson, R. V. and Dole.zelak, H. (1972}, Atmospheric electricity measurements at Woldrof-Maryland during the 7 March 1970 solar edip$e, J. Atmos. arui Terr. Phys., 34: 561–566.Google Scholar
- Chalmers, J. A. (1957), Atmrupheric EJcctricity (Pergamon Press, london).Google Scholar
- Gunn, R. (1935), The electricity of rain and thunderstorms, Terr. Magnetism and Atmos. Electricity, 40: 79–106.Google Scholar
- Israel, H. (1971 ), A tmospherlc electricity, Vol.I, (Program for Scientific Translation, Jerusalem).Google Scholar
- Manohar, G. K., Kandalgaonkar, S. S. and Ramana Murty, Bh. V. (1985), Anomalous behaviour of electric field in the neighbourhood of totality of solar eclipse, Indian J. of Radio and Spoce Physics, 14: BQ-81.Google Scholar
- Nizamuddin, S .. Ramanadham, R., Rao, A. M., Khera, M. K., M.akh.adoumi, B. A., Rafiquj, A. R., Raina, B. N., Reddy. V. N. R. Goel, R. K., Pathak, P. P., Raj, J. and Varshneya. N.C. (1982), Variations in atmospheric electrical parameters during solar eclipse, Proc. Indian Nat/. Sci. A cad. Part A..,. 48: 262–270.Google Scholar
- Srivastava, G, P ., Srinivasan, V. and De, A. K. (1982), Measurements of atmospheric electricity parameters during the total solar eclipse of 16 Feb. 1980, Proc. Indian Nail. Sci. A cad. Pari A., 48: 271–279.Google Scholar