Experiential Interprofessional Education Using an Older Adult Home Visit
- 40 Downloads
Inter-professional teams are fundamental for collaborative patient care. This older adult home visit program was developed to introduce teamwork concepts to medical social work and pharmacy students. The majority of the students felt that teams deliver comprehensive care and that working in teams would contribute to their professional success.
KeywordsInterprofessional education home visit geriatric care team learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Interprofessional Education Collaborative Expert Panel. (2011). Core competencies for interprofessional collaborative practice: Report of an expert panel. Washington, D.C.: Interprofessional Education Collaborative. Retrieved May 27, 2013 from http://www.asph.org/userfiles/CoreCompetenciesforInterprofessionalCollaborativePractice.pdf
- 6.Mahoney FI, & Barthel DW. Functional evaluation: The Barthel index. Md State Med J. 1905;14:61–65.Google Scholar
- 8.Sheafor BW, Horejsi CR, and Horejsi GA. (2003). Techniques and guidelines for social work practice. New York: Pearson.Google Scholar
- 9.Ruscin JM, and Semla TP. (1996). Assessment of medication management skills in older outpatients. Ann Pharmacother. 1996;30(10):1083–1088.Google Scholar
- 11.Tracy EM, and Whittaker JK. The social network map — assessing social support in clinical-practice. Fam Soc. 1990;71(8):461–470.Google Scholar