Frobenius Quasigroups and Regular Polygons
In terms of regular n-gons a left distributive quasigroup operation is defined on the complex plane. This operation can be expressed by means of a semidirect product G of the translation group (which is sharply transitive on the points of the plane and hence may be identified with the plane) by a finite cyclic group of rotations of order n. That observation makes possible a wide generalization of this geometric quasigroup construction. The connection in general between algebraic properties of the quasigroup and various properties of the group G is discussed, in particular it is studied what the consequences for the quasigroup Q are if G is interpreted as a topological group or an algebraic group.
MSC Classification20F29 20N10 22A30 14L99 51H20 51H30
Key WordsFrobenius groups left distributive quasigroups algebraic and topological quasigroups
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Borel, A. and Serre, J.-P., Sur certaines sous-groupes des groupes de Lie compacts, Commentarii Matematici Helvetia 27, 128-139.Google Scholar
- 4.Demazure, M. and Gabriel, P., Groupes Algebriques, Masson 1970.Google Scholar
- 7.Freudenthal, H. and de Vries, H., Linear Lie groups, Pure and Applied Mathematics 35, Academic Press, New York-London 1969.Google Scholar
- 13.Hewitt, E. and Mostert, P.S., Splitting in Topoiogical Groups, Mem. Amer. Math. Society 43 (1963).Google Scholar
- 18.Pflugfelder, H.O., Quasigroups and Loops: Introduction, Heldermann, Berlin 1990.Google Scholar
- 20.Salzmann, H. et. al., Compact Projective Planes, Expositions in mathematics 21, de Gruyter, Berlin 1995.Google Scholar