Stability and boundedness of solutions of Stieltjes Differential Equations
- 54 Downloads
Dynamical equations on time scales are formulated by means of Stieltjes differential equations, which, depending on the time integrator, include ordinary differential equations and difference equations as well as mixtures of both. Explicit conditions for the boundedness and stability of solutions are presented here for linear and nonlinear Stieltjes differential equations. In addition, the continuous dependence of solutions on the time integrator is established by means of a Gronwall-like inequality for equations with different time integrators.
AMS Subject Classifications45M10 39A10
KeywordsStieltjes differential equations difference equations ordinary differential equations boundedness stability continuous dependence on time integrators
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Aulbach and S. Hilger, A unified approach to continuous and discrete dynamics, in Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations (Szeged 1988), vol. 53 in Colloq. Math. Soc. János Bolyai, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1990; pp. 37–56.Google Scholar
- M. Bohner and A. Peterson, Dynamic Equations on Time Scales, Birkhäuser Basel, 2000.Google Scholar
- F.B. Christiansen and T.M. Fenchel, Theories of Populations in Biological Communities, vol. 20, Springer Lecture Notes in Ecological Studies, 1977.Google Scholar
- Yu. L. Daleckii and M. G. Krein, Stability of Solutions of Differential Equations in Banach Space, Amer. Math. Soc, Providence, 1974.Google Scholar
- N. Dunford and J. T. Schwartz. Linear Operators, part I. General Theory. Wiley Interscience Publishers, New York, 1966.Google Scholar
- M.I. Gil’, Norm Estimations for Operator-Valued Functions and Applications. Marcel Dekker Inc., New York 1995.Google Scholar
- M. I. Gil’ and P. E. Kloeden, Solution Estimates of Nonlinear Vector Volterra-Stieltjes Equations, Analysis and Appl. (to appear).Google Scholar
- S. Hilger, Ein Maβkettenkälkul mit Anwendungen auf Zentrummannigfaltigkeiten, Dissertation, Universität Würzburg, 1988.Google Scholar