Bounded Solutions of n-Cocycle And Related Equations on Amenable Semigroups
The cocycle functional equation, originating in group theory and playing a role in such areas as cohomology, polyhedral algebra, and information theory, has a long and rich history. Cocycles of higher orders have been introduced in cohomology theory. This paper presents the bounded solutions of cocycle equations of all orders on amenable semigroups. Some related functional equations are treated also. These results generalize some recent results of Pales and Szekelyhidi.
En]Keywordsamenable semigroup invariant mean functional equations for functions of several variables cocycle coboundary n-cocycle n-coboundary Pexider equations
1991 Mathematics Subject Classification39B52
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.J. Erdos, A remark on the paper “On some functional equations” by S. Kurepa, Glasnik Mat.-Fiz. Astronom. (2) 14 (1959), 3-5.Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Gajda, Generalized invariant means and their application to the stability of homomorphisms (preprint).Google Scholar
- 7.P. Greeenleaf, Invariant means on topological groups, Van Nostrand, 1969.Google Scholar
- 8.E. Hewitt and K. Ross, Abstract Harmonic Analysis, Springer, 1963.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Kurepa, On some functional equations, Glasnik Mat.-Fiz. Astronom. (2) 11 (1956), 3-5.Google Scholar