Assessment of the Material State of Oil and Gas Pipelines Based on the Metal Magnetic Memory Method
The paper considers the possibilities for the application of the metal magnetic memory (MMM) method for assessment of the stress-strain state (SSS) and non-destructive testing (NDT) of various-purpose gas and oil pipelines, in order to detect the segments where the development processes of fatigue damage are intensively enhanced. Based on the 100 % inspection of metal components using the MMM method, detection of all potential dangerously-affected zones — the stress concentration zones (SCZs), and the removal of these zones during repair, are carried out. Thus, there is a real opportunity to ensure the safe operation and lifetime extension of metal components based on their actual state.
IIW-Thesaurus keywordsNondestructive testing Pipelines Stress Strain Stress distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Vlasov V.T. and Dubov A.A.: Physical bases of the metal magnetic memory method. Moscow: ZAO “TISSO”, 2004. 424 p.Google Scholar
- Dubov A.A., Dubov AI.A. and Kolokolnikov S.M.: Method of Metal Magnetic Memory (MMM) and inspection instruments, Doc. IIW-1902.Google Scholar
- ISO 24497-1:2007, Non-destructive testing — Metal magnetic memory — Part 1: Vocabulary, 2007.Google Scholar
- ISO 24497-2:2007, Non-destructive testing — Metal magnetic memory — Part 2: General requirements, 2007.Google Scholar
- ISO 24497-3:2007, Non-destructive testing — Metal magnetic memory — Part 3: Inspection of welded joints, 2007.Google Scholar
- Dubov A.A., Gneushev A.M. and Veliulin I.I.: Assessment of gas and oil pipelines’ residual lifetime based on the modern methods of engineering diagnostics, “Gazovaya Promyshlennost” Publishing House, 2005, no. 2, pp. 76-78.Google Scholar
- Dubov A.A., Markelov V.A., Kotov V.D. and Usenko Yu.I.: Inspection and lifetime assessment of long gas pipeline segments, “Gazovaya Promyshlennost” Publishing House, 2006, no. 8, pp. 46-48.Google Scholar
- Dubov A.A. and Kolokolnikov S.M.: Quality assessment of welded joints by the metal magnetic memory method compared to conventional NDT methods and means for materials’ properties assessment, IIW Doc. V-1346r2-06, 2006.Google Scholar
- Dubov A.A., Kolokolnikov S.M. and Dubov AI.A.: Assessment of the pipelines’ state based on the metal magnetic memory method, IIW Doc. XI-921-09, 2009.Google Scholar
- Dubov A.A. and Kolokolnikov S.M.: Development of the technique for gas pipeline girth welded joints inspection based on the metal magnetic memory method, IIW Doc. V-1441-09, 2009.Google Scholar