Assessment of the Material State of Oil and Gas Pipelines Based on the Metal Magnetic Memory Method
- 343 Downloads
The paper considers the possibilities for the application of the metal magnetic memory (MMM) method for assessment of the stress-strain state (SSS) and non-destructive testing (NDT) of various-purpose gas and oil pipelines, in order to detect the segments where the development processes of fatigue damage are intensively enhanced. Based on the 100 % inspection of metal components using the MMM method, detection of all potential dangerously-affected zones — the stress concentration zones (SCZs), and the removal of these zones during repair, are carried out. Thus, there is a real opportunity to ensure the safe operation and lifetime extension of metal components based on their actual state.
IIW-Thesaurus keywordsNondestructive testing Pipelines Stress Strain Stress distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Vlasov V.T. and Dubov A.A.: Physical bases of the metal magnetic memory method. Moscow: ZAO “TISSO”, 2004. 424 p.Google Scholar
- Dubov A.A., Dubov AI.A. and Kolokolnikov S.M.: Method of Metal Magnetic Memory (MMM) and inspection instruments, Doc. IIW-1902.Google Scholar
- ISO 24497-1:2007, Non-destructive testing — Metal magnetic memory — Part 1: Vocabulary, 2007.Google Scholar
- ISO 24497-2:2007, Non-destructive testing — Metal magnetic memory — Part 2: General requirements, 2007.Google Scholar
- ISO 24497-3:2007, Non-destructive testing — Metal magnetic memory — Part 3: Inspection of welded joints, 2007.Google Scholar
- Dubov A.A., Gneushev A.M. and Veliulin I.I.: Assessment of gas and oil pipelines’ residual lifetime based on the modern methods of engineering diagnostics, “Gazovaya Promyshlennost” Publishing House, 2005, no. 2, pp. 76-78.Google Scholar
- Dubov A.A., Markelov V.A., Kotov V.D. and Usenko Yu.I.: Inspection and lifetime assessment of long gas pipeline segments, “Gazovaya Promyshlennost” Publishing House, 2006, no. 8, pp. 46-48.Google Scholar
- Dubov A.A. and Kolokolnikov S.M.: Quality assessment of welded joints by the metal magnetic memory method compared to conventional NDT methods and means for materials’ properties assessment, IIW Doc. V-1346r2-06, 2006.Google Scholar
- Dubov A.A., Kolokolnikov S.M. and Dubov AI.A.: Assessment of the pipelines’ state based on the metal magnetic memory method, IIW Doc. XI-921-09, 2009.Google Scholar
- Dubov A.A. and Kolokolnikov S.M.: Development of the technique for gas pipeline girth welded joints inspection based on the metal magnetic memory method, IIW Doc. V-1441-09, 2009.Google Scholar