Sequence Homology of Two Indian Isolates of Cucumber Mosaic Virus at N-terminal Amino Acid Sequences of the Coat Protein Gene with CMV Strains
The cDNAs representing coat protein gene (RNA4) of CMV-CR (Dianthus barbatus strain) and CMV-P (Physalis minima strain) were synthesized using random primers and cloned into Bluescript II KS (+) phagemid at Sma I site. The clones were partially sequenced and compared with published nucleotide sequences of selected CMV-strains. Comparison of 249 nucleotide sequences of 5′ coding region of CP gene and their putative products revealed the possibility of placing the strains into sub-group I of CMV.
Key wordscucumber mosaic virus coat protein gene sequence homology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Devergene JC & Cardin L, Ann Phytopathol, 7 (1975) 255.Google Scholar
- 10.Douine L& Devergne JC, Ann Phytopathology, 10 (1978) 79.Google Scholar
- 11.Kaper JM & Waterworth HE, In Handbook of plant virus infections and comparative diagnosis (E Kurstak, Editor) (1981) p 257.Google Scholar
- 12.Mink GI, Phytopathology, 59 (1969) 1889.Google Scholar
- 13.Tolin SA & Boatman S, Phytopathology, 62 (1972) 793.Google Scholar
- 14.Devergne JC & Cardin L, Meded Fac Landbouwwet Rijksuniv Gent, 40 (1975) 37.Google Scholar
- 17.Lot H, Marrou JB & Esvan C, Ann Phytopathology, 4 (1972) 25.Google Scholar
- 18.Sambrook J, Fritsche EF & Maniatis T, Molecular cloning: A laboratory manual, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press (1982) pp 368 & 458.Google Scholar