- 10 Downloads
The new NSAID tenoxicam (Tilcotil®) has been launched in more than 50 countries since its first introduction in March 1987. In the first 2 years of commercial availability, the efficacy and safety parameters of 6 important clinical trials, including more than 40 000 patients suffering from various kinds of rheumatic diseases, have been entered into a central database. There was a significant improvement in symptoms with tenoxicam, and no statistically significant difference in efficacy was found between tenoxicam and its comparative agents.
The final analysis of the incidence, severity and type of adverse events that occurred in open and comparative studies gives a favourable overall result for tenoxicam and does not show any unexpected adverse event.
KeywordsPiroxicam Ketoprofen Drug Invest Tenoxicam Current Therapeutic Research
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Black CM. A randomized double-blind study to compare tenoxicam with piroxicam in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Litera Rhematologica 5: 37–41, 1986Google Scholar
- Diverse P, de Moor M, Ginsberg Fr, Granjcan A, Jolie P, et al. Double-blind multicenter study of tenoxicam and piroxicam versus placebo in arthrosis of the knee and the hip. Litera Rhematologica 7: 19–27, 1987Google Scholar
- Ejstrup L, Knudsen JV, Petersen L. A randomized double-blind multicenter trial comparing tenoxicam and ketoprofen in Osteoarthritis. Current Therapeutic Research 39: 528–534, 1988Google Scholar
- Jakobsen TJ, Petersen L, Christiansen S, Haarbo J, Munch M, et al. Double-blind comparative study of tenoxicam, piroxicam, and placebo in acute soft-tissue injuries. Current Therapeutic Research 4: 516–527, 1988Google Scholar
- Jensen EM, Anderson RB, Fossgreen J, Holm P, Kryger J, et al. A randomised double-blind long-term trial comparing tenoxicam and piroxicam in Osteoarthritis of the hip or knee. Current Therapeutic Research 39: 365–377, 1986Google Scholar
- Knüsel O, Keller CH. Double-blind clinical trial with tenoxicam versus Na-diclofenac retard in Osteoarthritis. Litera Rhematologica 10: 120–123, 1988Google Scholar
- Moser U, Waldburger M, Schwarz H, Gobelet C-A. A doubleblind randomized multicentre study with tenoxicam, piroxicam and diclofenac-sodium retard in the treatment of ambulant patients with Osteoarthritis and extraarticular rheumatism. Schweizerische Rundschau für Medizi Praxis 78: 263–269, 1989Google Scholar
- Valdés EF, Barclay CA, Traballi CA. Tenoxicam, a novel longacting anti-inflammatory and analgesic drug of the oxicam class: double-blind comparative study with piroxicam in patients with. gonarthritis or coxarthrosis. Current Therapeutic Research 37: 937–944, 1985Google Scholar