High Resolution, High Voltage and Analytical Electron Microscopy
- 19 Downloads
This paper outlines some of the major features of the NCEM facility at Berkeley. Some representative areas of research are also reviewed. The uniqueness of the HVEM (1.5 MeV) and ARM (1 MeV) enables acquisition of significant new results for a wide range of materials. By providing the highest possible resolutions for characterizing materials, structurally, morphologically and chemically, continuing improvements and new material designs can be tailored to specific applications.
KeywordsDual Phase Steel High Resolution Electron Microscopy Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory Vibration Isolation System Thin Foil Specimen
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Proceedings of the Workshop on High Resolution Electron Microscopy, G. Thomas, R.M. Glaeser, J.M. Cowl and R. Sinclair (eds.), LBL Pub. No. 106, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory Technical Information Departmer October, 1976.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Gronsky in Proc. 38th Ann. Meeting Electron Microscopy Soc. Amer., G.W. Bailey (ed.), Claitor’s Publis ing Co., (1980), p. 1.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Thomas and M. Ohmura, Microstructure Formation and Solute Partitioning During Inter-Critical Annealii of Dual Phase Steels, TMS-AIME Meeting, Detroit, September 17–20, 1984, p. 50.Google Scholar
- 6.G. Thomas, Electron Microscopy of Inorganic Material, Proc. of 8th European Cong, on Electron Microscop Budapest, Hungary, August 1984, (A. Csanady, P. Rohlich and D. Szabo, Instrumentation Physics and Materi Science, Application I, Vol. 1, pp. 683–698.Google Scholar
- 7.G. Thomas, Transmission Electron Microscopy of Inorganic Materials, Proc. of 3rd. APEM Conference, (ed.), CM. Fatt, University of Singapore, Publishers: Applied Research Corporation, Singapore, August 29–September 2, 1982, pp. 28–48.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Gronsky in Proc. of 42nd Ann. Meeting Electron Microscopy Soc. Amer., G.W. Bailey (ed.), San Francis Press, (1984), p. 368.Google Scholar
- 9.U. Dahmen and K.H. Westmacott, Scripta Met., (in press).Google Scholar
- 11.U. Dahmen and K.H. Westmacott, Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on High Voltage Electron Microscopy, R. Gronsk, K.H. Westmacott and R.M. Fisher (eds.), Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory Technical Information Departme LBL-16031 Conf. 830819 Berkeley, 1983, p. 227.Google Scholar
- 12.N. Claussen, J. Am. Cer. Soc. 61, C-1 (1978).Google Scholar
- 17.G. Thomas, K. Krishnan, T. Yokaka and H. Hashimoto, to be published.Google Scholar