Pharmacokinetics of Zidovudine and Metabolites in a Patient with HIV-Associated Nephropathy and Severe Renal Impairment
- 3 Downloads
KeywordsHuman Immunodeficiency Virus Zidovudine Drug Invest Mean Corpuscular Volume Severe Renal Impairment
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Burger DM, Rosing H, Koopman FJ, et al. Determination of 3′-amino-3′-deoxythymidine, a cytotoxic metabolite of 3′-azido-3′-deoxythymidine, in human plasma by ion-pair high performance liquid chromatography. Journal of Chromatography (Biomedical Applications) 622: 235–242, 1993bCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Cretton EM, Xie M-Y, Bevan RJ, Goudgaon NM, Schinazi RF, et al. Catabolism of 3′-azido-3′-deoxythymidine in hepatocytes and liver microsomes, with evidence of formation of 3′-amino-3′-deoxythymidine, a highly toxic catabolite for human bone marrow cells. Molecular Pharmacology 39: 258–266, 1991PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Gibaldi M. Biopharmaceutics and clinical pharmacokinetics. 4th Edition, pp. 14–23, Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia, 1991Google Scholar
- Henry DH, Beall GN, Benson CA, Carey J, Cone LA, et al. Recombinant human erythropoietin in the treatment of anemia associated with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and zidovudine therapy. Overview of four clinical trials. Annals of Internal Medicine 117: 739–748, 1992PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Klecker RW, Collins JM, Yarchoan R, Thomas R, Jenkins JF, et al. Plasma and cerebrospinal fluid pharmacokinetics of 3′-azido-3′-deoxythymidine: a novel pyrimidine analog with potential application for the treatment of patients with AIDS and related diseases. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 41: 407–412, 1987PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kremer D, Munar MY, Kohlhepp SJ, Swan SK, Stinnett EA, et al. Zidovudine pharmacokinetics in five HIV seronegative patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis. Pharmacotherapy 21: 56–60, 1992Google Scholar
- Touchette MA, Slaughter RL. The effect of renal failure on hepatic drug clearance. DICP, The Annals of Pharmacotherapy 25: 1214–1224, 1991Google Scholar
© Adis International Limited 1994