Recent R&D Highlights
- 5 Downloads
Ispinesib interim results disappointing
Results from a planned interim analysis of a phase II clinical trial of ispinesib (Cytokinetics/GlaxoSmithKline [GSK]) administered as monotherapy in the treatment of patients with platinum-sensitive non-small cell lung cancer show that the agent has not met the criteria for advancement to the next stage in the platinum-sensitive treatment arm. However, Cytokinetics has said it is ‘encouraged’ by the agent’s tolerability and both the frequency and duration of disease stabilization seen in the trial and will consider its use in combination with other chemotherapeutics.
The clinical trial is being conducted by Cytokinetics’ alliance partner GSK and is designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of ispinesib in the second-line treatment of patients with either platinum-sensitive or platinum-refractory non-small cell lung cancer. The trial requires a minimum of 1 confirmed partial or complete response out of 20 evaluable patients in a treatment...
- 1.Cytokinetics. Cytokinetics reports data for ispinesib (SB-715992) in platinum-sensitive non-small cell lung cancer. Media release: 30 Mar 2006Google Scholar
- 2.Cardiome Pharma. Cardiome Pharma Corp. -New Drug Application submitted for RSD1235. Media release: 31 Mar 2006Google Scholar
- 3.St Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Technique could speed new medulloblastoma drugs. Media release: 17 Apr 2006Google Scholar
- 4.Columbia University Medical Center. Prostate cancer research may be faster with PSA endpoints. Media release: 18 Apr 2006Google Scholar
- 5.University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center. Lack of response to Herceptin may be reversed with addition of PI3K inhibitor. Media release: 29 Mar 2006Google Scholar
- 6.Acacia Research. CombiMatrix granted key nanotechnology patent; patent enables unique proteomics technology and products. Media release: 16 Mar 2006Google Scholar
- 7.Isis Pharmaceuticals. Isis Pharmaceuticals receives another important antisense patent. Media release: 27 Mar 2006Google Scholar
- 8.Metabolon. Patent positions Metabolon as the leading metabolomics provider for discovery and therapeutic solutions. Media release: 23 Mar 2006Google Scholar
- 9.Nanogen. Nanogen earns two patents for therapeutic and diagnostic use of biomarkers. Media release: 17 Apr 2006Google Scholar
- 10.Sequenom. Sequenom expands MassARRAY(R) platform utility with launch of quantitative methylation and gene expression analysis products. Media release: 16 Mar 2006Google Scholar