European Society of Cardiology Congress 2010
- 13 Downloads
The mission of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) is to reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease in Europe. The 62000 cardiology professionals who are members of the ESC are based mainly in Europe. In reality, the ESC has become a global organization with members from around the world.
The ESC Congress is a conference and event on a staggering scale. Wholly organized by the society itself, the typical highlights include:
30000 participants from around the world, of which 25000 will be physicians;
9511 abstracts from 92 countries with 4167 (44%) accepted;
900 hours of science and education covering a wide range of cardiology-related topics;
250 breakout sessions and workshops reflecting specialty subjects;
25000 m2 of exhibition space to showcase industry products and services.
The ESC is a truly global forum in cardiology with participants from all corners of the world.
1. European Heart for Children
In 2009, the European Heart for Children (EHC) was launched as a...
KeywordsAtrial Fibrillation Angiotensin Convert Enzyme Inhibitor Perindopril Coffee Consumption Stable Coronary Artery Disease
Dr Kitler is a consultant at Associates for Business and Research, which specializes in all issues relating to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries and relating to public health.
- 1.Lü scher TF, Brugada J, Gersh BJ, et al., editors. European Society of Cardiology Congress, 2010 special ed. Eur Heart J 2010 Sep; 31 (abstract suppl.). ESC Congress 2010; 28 Aug-1 Sep; StockholmGoogle Scholar
- 2.European Society of Cardiology. Cardiovascular medicine: compendium of abridged ESC guidelines 2010. London: Springer Healthcare, 2010Google Scholar
- 3.European Society of Cardiology. tESC guidelines for the management of grownup congenital heart disease. Eur Heart J [online]. Available from URL: http://www.escardio.org/guidelines-surveys/esc-guidelines/GuidelinesDocuments/guidelines-GUCH-FT.pdf [Accessed 2010 Sep 14]
- 4.European Society of Cardiology. ESC guidelines on myocardial revascularization. Eur Heart J [online]. Available from URL: http://www.escardio.org/guidelines-surveys/esc-guidelines/GuidelinesDocuments/guidelines-revasc-FT.pdf [Accessed 2010 Sep 14]
- 5.European Society of Cardiology. ESC guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation. EurHeart J [online]. Available fromURL: http://www.escardio.org/guidelines-surveys/esc-guidelines/GuidelinesDocuments/guidelines-afib-FT.pdf [Accessed 2010 Sep 14]
- 6.European Society of Cardiology. 2010 focused update of ESC guidelines on device therapy in heart failure. Eur Heart J [online]. Available from URL: http://www.escardio.org/guidelines-surveys/esc-guidelines/GuidelinesDocuments/guidelines-CRTHF-Update-FT.pdf [Accessed 2010 Sep 14]