Differential games: A pole placement approach
- 59 Downloads
In this paper we present a systematic procedure for pole placement in full state feedback dynamical systems with multiple objectives. It is shown that pole placement in multi-objective systems expands the design domain and allows additional design criteria to be imposed on the system. Several criteria are suggested and a criterion that minimizes the maximum overshoot experienced by the system is developed. An illustrative example is presented to demonstrate (i) the pole placement procedure and (ii) the improvements that are achievable with multi-objective systems as opposed to single objective systems.
KeywordsDifferential Game Linear Quadratic Regulator State Feedback Controller Pole Placement Complex Conjugate Polis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- VON NEUMANN, J. and MORGENSTERN, O. The Theory of Games and Economic Behavior, Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1944.Google Scholar
- ISAACS, R. “Differential Games I, II, III, IV,” RAND Corporation Research Memorandum RM-1391, 1399, 1411, 1468, 1954–1956.Google Scholar
- GAMBARELLI, G. and OWEN, G. “The Coming of Game Theory,” European Journal of Business Education, Vol. 4, No. 1, 1994, pp. 30–45.Google Scholar
- URL: http://william-king.www.drexel.edu/top/class/histf.html.Google Scholar
- FITZ-COY, N.G. and JANG, J.-W. “Active Vibration Isolation of a Space: a Game Theoretic Approach,” presented as paper AAS 93-647 at the AAS/AIAA ai]Astrodynamics Specialist Conference, August 16-19, 1993.Google Scholar
- FITZ-COY, N.G. and JANG, J.-W. “Conflict Reduction in Multi-tasking Space Platforms,” Proceedings of the 1st Microdynamics and Accurate Control Symposium, Nice, France, Nov., 1992.Google Scholar
- BASS, R.W. and GURA, I. “High Order Design via State-Space Considerations,” Proceedings of the 1965 Joint Automatic Control Conference, Troy, N.Y., 1965, pp. 311–318.Google Scholar
- ACKERMANN, J. “Der Entwurf Linearer Regelungssysteme im Zustandsraum,” Regulungestechnik und Prozessedatenverarbeitung, Vol. 7, 1972, pp. 297–300.Google Scholar
- RAO, S.V. and LAMBA, S. S. “Eigenvalue Assignment in Linear Optimal-control Systems via Reduced-order Models,” Proceedings IEE, Vol. 122, No. 2, Feb. 1975, pp. 197–201.Google Scholar
- JANG, J.-W. Linear Quadratic Regulators and Linear Differential Quadratic Regulators for Multi-Objective Linear Systems, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Florida, 1995.Google Scholar