On-line optical process control in steelmaking
- 40 Downloads
Recent work shows that modern optical techniques, in conjunction with atomic and molecular spectroscopy, are valuable tools for on-line control of the Creusot-Loire-Uddeholm converter for alloy steelmaking. The optical technique has been closely investigated in relation to the reduction step of the process, and the resultant observations point towards a variety of applications in several steelmaking processes.
KeywordsDecarburization Silicon Content Silicon Concentration Reduction Stage High Silicon Content
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D.F. Ball et al., “Emission Spectra from Linz-Donawitz Converters,” Proceedings of the Symposium on Process Instrumentation in the Metals Industry, Swansea, U.K., April, 1971.Google Scholar
- 2.D.F. Ball et al., “Radiation Measurements for the Control of LD Steelmaking,” Proceedings of the International Conference and Exhibition on Industrial Measurement and Control by Radiation Techniques, Surrey, U.K., April 11–13, 1972.Google Scholar
- 3.K. Chiba et al., “Direct Measurement of Manganese in Molten Iron with Observing Spectrum from Hot Spot,” Trans. ISIJ, 27 (1987), p. B185.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Chiba et al., “Direct Measurement of Manganese in Converter—Studies on Improvement of Analytical Precision,” CAMP ISIJ, 1 (1988), p. 194.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Chiba, A. Ono, T. Ohno and M. Saeki, Bunseki Kagaku, 37 (1988), pp. 365–370.Google Scholar
- 6.W. Wendt, M. Aldén and W. Persson, “Application of Emission and Absorption Spectroscopy for Characterization of a Copper Converting Process,” Appl. Spectroscopy, 42 (1988), pp. 128–133.Google Scholar
- 7.W. Wendt et al., “Process Control of the Copper Converting Process by Emission and Absorption Spectroscopic Measurements,” paper presented at the 26th Annual Conference of Metallurgists, Winnipeg, Canada, August 23–26, 1987.Google Scholar
- 8.W. Wendt et al., “Controlling Copper Conversion via Optical Spectroscopy,” J. Metals, 39 (October, 1987), pp. 14–17.Google Scholar
- 9.W. Persson and W. Wendt, “From Visual Observation to Optical Measurement,” Proceedings of Technological Advances in Metallurgy, Luleå, Sweden, September 20–21, 1988.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Aldén, W. Persson and W. Wendt, “Förfarande för kontroll och styrning av pyrometallurgiska processer medelst optisk spektrometri,” SE Patent 8703233-0, August 20, 1987.Google Scholar
- 11.P.-A. Lundström, H. Bertheussen and K. Andersson, “Some Special Features on the Operation of the CLU-Converter at Avesta’s Stainless Steel Plant in Degerfors,” World Steel and Metalworking, 9 (1988), pp. 134–137.Google Scholar