Where higher strength and hardness are required at elevated temperatures dispersion-strengthened gold shows considerable advantages by comparison with conventional alloys. This paper describes the production and testing of gold with a number of oxide dispersions which are effective in enhancing its high temperature properties without appreciably affecting its electrical and thermal characteristics.
KeywordsCeO2 Gold Wire Oxide Dispersion Pure Gold Powder Metallurgy Technique
- 2.M. L. Gimpl and N. Fuschillo,J. Metals, 1971,23, (6), 39Google Scholar
- 4.U.S. Paient 2,947,114 Engelhard Industries, 1960Google Scholar
- 5.U.S. Patent 2,984,894 Engelhard Industries, 1961Google Scholar
- 6.U.S. Patent 3,049,577 Engelhard Industries, 1962Google Scholar
- 7.U.S. Patent 3,201,236 Engelhard Industries, 1965Google Scholar
- 8.U.S. Patent 3,606,766 Engelhard Industries, 1971Google Scholar