A series of fluorinated calixarene derivatives, with lower rim sulfur-donor atoms, were synthesized and studied for the sequestration of gold using supercritical fluid extraction. Following temperature and pressure optimization and using extracts collected in methyliso-butyl ketone, analysis by flame atomic absorption spectrometry reveals that Au(III) can be efficiently complexed and extracted by a novel calixarene thiourea reagent in supercritical CO2.
KeywordsSupercritical Fluid Supercritical Fluid Extraction Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometry Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometry Supercritical Fluid Chromatography
- 1.T. Clifford and K. Bartle,Chemistry in Britain, 1993, 499Google Scholar
- 2.G. Brunner, in ‘Proceedings of the 5th Meeting on Supercritical Fluids, Materials and Natural Products Processing’, International Society for the Advancement of Supercritical Fluids, 23-25 March 1998 (Nice, France), Vol. 2, pp. 413-424Google Scholar
- 6 (a).
- 8.R.V. Parish,Interdisciplinary Science Reviews, 1992,17, 221Google Scholar
- 9.F.A. Cotton and G. Wilkinson, ‘Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, A Comprehensive Text’, 4th Edition, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1980, pp. 966–980Google Scholar
- 10.H. Colley, ‘Studies in a Rich Vein’,Chemistry in Britain, 1992, 720Google Scholar
- 11 (a).H. Schmidbaur,Interdisciplinary Science Reviews, 1992,17 (3), 213 (b) A. Sigel and H. Sigel in ‘Handbook on Metals in Clinical and Analytical Chemistry’, ed. H.G. Seiler, 1994, p. 388Google Scholar
- 13.C.C. Kenna,Gold Bull., 1991,24 (4), 126Google Scholar
- 14.D.R. Nagaraj, US Patent 5126038, June 30, 1992, American Cyanamid CompanyGoogle Scholar
- 15.V.V. Yakshin, O.M. Vilkova and N.A. Tsarenko,J. Anal. Chem., 1994,49, 158Google Scholar
- 16.S. Fang and L. Fu,Ind. J. Chem., 1994,33A, 885Google Scholar
- 17.M. Trom, M. Burgard and A. El-Bachiri,Analysis, 1991,19, 97Google Scholar
- 19 (a).