Dynamic characteristic analysis and force loop design for the aerodynamic load simulator
- 190 Downloads
A dynamic load simulator which can reproduce, on-ground, the aerodynamic hinge moment of control surface, is an essential rig for performance and stability test of aircraft actuation system. The hinge moment varies widely in the flight envelope depending on specific flight condition and maneuvering status. To replicate the wide spectrum of this hinge moment variation within some accuracy bounds, a force controller is designed based on the Quantitative Feedback theory (QFT). A dynamic model of load actuation system is derived, and compared with the experimental results. Through this comparison, a nominal plant model of load actuation system with some uncertainty bounds is developed. The efficacy of QFT force controller is verified by numerical simulation, in which hydraulic actuation system dynamics of aircraft control surface is considered.
Key wordsQFT Aerodynamic Load Servo Valve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boeing Commercial Airplane Company, 1985, “Test Act System Validation Final Report,”NASA CR-172525.Google Scholar
- D'Azzo, J. D' and Houpis, C. H., 1988,Linear Control System Analysis and Design Conventional and Modern, McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Hsu, Y. N., Lai, C. Y., Hsu, M. H. and Lee, Y. K., 1991, “Development of the Direct Drive Valve (DDV) Actuation System on the IDF Aircraft,”International Pacific Air and Space Technology Conference.Google Scholar
- Merritt, H. 1967, “Hydraulic Control Systems,”John Wiley & Sons.Google Scholar
- MOOG, 1997,Servo and Proportional System Catalog, pp. 95–98.Google Scholar
- Nam, Y., Lee, J. and Hong, S. K., 2000, “Force Control System Design for Aerodynamic Load Simulator,”Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 3043–3047.Google Scholar
- Roskam, J., 1979, “Airplane Flight Dynamics and Automatic Flight Controls,” Roskam Aviation and Engineering Corporation.Google Scholar
- Schaefer, W. S., Inderhees, L. J. and Moynes, J. F., “Flight Control Actuation System for B-2 Advanced Technology Bomber,”Technical Bulletin 153, MOOG.Google Scholar
- Vieten, K. W., Snyder, J. D. and Clark, R. P., 1993, “Redundancy Management Concepts for Advanced Actuation Systems,”AIAA/AHS/ASEE Aerospace Design Conference, AIAA 93-1168, pp. 1–9, Feb.Google Scholar