“WWW.MDTF.ORG”: A world wide web forum for developing open-architecture, freely distributed, digital teaching file software by participant consensus
- 22 Downloads
Purpose: To foster a community supported evaluation processes for open-source digital teaching file (DTF) development and maintenance. The mechanisms used to support this process will include standard web browsers, web servers, forum software, and custom additions to the forum software to potentially enable a mediated voting protocol. The web server will also serve as a focal point for beta and release software distribution, which is the desired end-goal of this process.Conclusions: We foresee thatwww.mdtf.org will provide for widespread distribution of open source DTF software that will include function and interface design decisions from community participation on the website forums.
KeywordsUsability Testing Teaching File Cascade Style Sheet Beta Testing Radiology Teaching
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bazman: A review of usability testing, in Bazman’s Testing Pages. DLG Software Services Ltd, http://members.tripod.com/≈bazman/usability.htmlGoogle Scholar
- 6.Ramaswamy MR, Wong AWK, Lee JK, et al: Accessing picture archiving and communication system text and image information through personal computers. Am J Roentgenol 163:1239–1243, 1995Google Scholar
- 8.Katzman GL: HTML versus Adobe Acrobat utilization for electronic teaching file construction: Advantages and disadvantages. ASNR Proceedings, San Diego, CA, May 1999, p 371Google Scholar
- 9.Katzman GL: Methodology for constructing electronic teaching files. Radiology 213:581, 1999 (suppl)Google Scholar
- 10.McEnery KW: The internet, world-wide web, and Mosaic: An overview. Am J Roentgenol 164:469–473, 1995Google Scholar
- 13.Lemay L: Web Publishing With HTML 4. Indianapolis, IN, Sams Publishing, 1999, pp 79–80Google Scholar
- 14.Katzman GL: Adobe Acrobat: An alternative electronic teaching file construction methodology independent of HTML restrictions. J Digit Imaging (in press)Google Scholar
- 15.Katzman GL: Basics of electronic teaching file construction. ASNR 2000 Electronic Learning Center Syllabus, pp 77-81Google Scholar
- 16.Faught D: Computer Software Testing Frequently Asked Questions. Reliable Software Technologies, http://www.faqs.org/faqs/software-eng/testing-faq/Google Scholar