Inhibition of the cytochrome P-450 multifunctional oxidase by N-propargyl analogs of SKF-525A and acetylmethadol
New N-propargyl analogs of SKF-525A and acetyl methadol were tested for their inhibitory potency toward P-450 multifunctional oxidase. Metabolism of these analogs appears to be different from the metabolism of SKF-525A itself; no N-dealkylated species were detected, — in vitro N-demethylation of aminopyrine and spectrofluorometric measurements support the hypothesis of an interaction between the hepatic flavo-protein and the acetylenic function of the inhibitors.
Key-wordsCytochrome P-450 N-propargyl analogs Flavoprotein
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ziegler D.M., Mitchel C.H. and Jollow D. (1969): The properties of a purified hepatic microsomal mixed function amine oxidase,Microsomes and drug oxidations edited by Gillette, J.R., Academic Press, N. Y. 173–188.Google Scholar
- 3.Brodie B.B. (1956): Pathways of drug metabolism,J. Pharm and Pharmacol., 8, 1–17.Google Scholar
- 4.Netter K.J. (1962): Drugs as inhibitors of drug metabolism,Proc. Intern. Pharmacol. Meeting, 1st. Stockholm, 6, 213–233.Google Scholar
- 5.Gillette J.R. and Sasame H.A. (1964):Fedn. Proc., 23,537.Google Scholar
- 7.Mannering G.J. (1971):Handbook of Experimental pharmacologyy.Vol 28/2, Edited by Brodie B.B. andGillette J.R., Springer- Verlag, N. Y., 452.Google Scholar
- 9.Buening M.K. and Franklin M.R. (1976): SKF-525A inhibition, induction and 452-nm complex formation,Drug. Metab. Disp., 4, 244–255.Google Scholar
- 12.Dickinson R.G. and Jacobsen J.W. (1970): A new sensitive and specific test for the detection of aldehydes: formation of 6-mercapto-3 substituted -s- triazolo [4,3-b] -s-tetrazines,J. Chem. Soc., 24,1719–1720.Google Scholar
- 16.Tomaszewski J.E., Jerina D.E. and Daly J.W. (1974): Cytochrome P-450 monoxygenases and drug metabolism,Ann. Rep. Med. Chem., 9, edited by Heinzelman, R. V.,Academic Press, N.Y., 290–299.Google Scholar
- 20.Estabrook R.W. and Cohen B. (1969): Organisation of the microsomal electron transport system,Microsomes and drug oxidations, edited by Gillette, J.R. Academic Press, N. Y., 95–109.Google Scholar