The fate of Ticlopidine in the organism II. — Distribution and elimination of Ticlopidine14C after a single oral administration in the rat
- 10 Downloads
In the Rat, distribution and elimination of Ticlopidine C14 after a single oral dose of 25 mg/kg were studied and compared with that observed after a single intravenous injection of the same dose.
The plasma decreases of total radioactivity were found to be identical regardless of administration route, indicating almost complete absorption of the labelled molecule.
The elimination half-life, which was 1.56 ± 0.08 days, was equivalent to the half-life measured after intravenous injection, and no difference in tissues distribution was observed. As in the case of intravenous injection, the radioactivity was eliminated principally in the feces and only to a slight degree in the urine.
Key-wordsDistribution Elimination Ticlopidine14C Rat
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Maffrand J.P., Eloy F. (1974): Synthèse de thienopyridines et de furopyridines d’interet therapeutique. Eur. J. Med. Chem.,9, 483–486.Google Scholar
- 2.Aubert D., Pepin O. (1976): Thrombose expérimental: arterielle et veineuse chez le rat wistar. Etude comparative du (chloro-2 benzyl) -5 tétrahydro-4,5,6,7 thieno 3,2c pyridine, chlorhydrate de Ticlopidine et de l’aspirine. In abstracts du 4è Congrès Méditerraneen sur les thromboembolies. Athènes, no 162, p. 99.Google Scholar
- 3.Matrix C, Blanchard J., Panak E., Thebault J. (1975): Etude chez l’homme d’un nouvel inhibiteur de l’agregation plaquettaire (Ticlopidine). Nouv. Rev. Fr. Hematol.,15, 396.Google Scholar
- 4.Ferrand J.C., Aubert D., Lacaze B., Pepin C, Thebault J. (1975): In vivo activity of tieclopidine; a new drug with platelet agregation inhibiting, antisludge and antithrombotic properties. Communication at 5th Congress of the International Society on thrombosis and haemostasis. Paris. Abstracts in Amelot ed. no 87,1975, p. 104.Google Scholar
- 5.Godard Ph., Zini R., Metay A. and Tillement J.P. (1978): The fate of Ticlopidine in the organism: I — Distribution and elimination of Ticlopidine C14 after a single intravenous injection in the Rat. Europ. J. drug Metab. Pharmacokin.,3, 67–71.Google Scholar