Deficit of particulate chlorine and the nonacid rain in Beijing
- 106 Downloads
The acidity of precipitation in both clean and polluted areas was calculated for atmospheric CO2 and SO2 in equilibrium with water. pH values of 5 and 4.5 were obtained. In Beijing the pH value is increased due to particulate chlorine reactivity and rainout of CaO in the atmosphere. The increase of pH value is related to liquid water content in cloud and the elemental concentrations of particulate Cl and Ca in the atmosphere. This mechanism may help to explain the nonacid rain observed in Beijing where the air pollution problem is serious, as viewed by SO2 concentration and particulate burden in the atmosphere.
KeywordsAerosol Particle Acid Rain Rainfall Amount Rain Water Polluted Area
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Record, F. A., Bubenick, D. V. & Kindya, R. J.,Acid rain information book, NDC, 1982, 1–23.Google Scholar
- 纪斌等, 环境保护,12 (1982), 257–263.Google Scholar
- Wang Mingxing & Winchester, J. W.,Geophysical Monograph,26 (1982), 257–263.Google Scholar
- Maahs, H. G.,Geophysical Monograph,26 (1982), 187–195.Google Scholar
- Meszaros, E.,Atmospheric Chemistry, Akademiai Kiado, 1981, 72–130.Google Scholar