Nd isotopic disequilibrium between minerals and Rb-Sr age of the secondary phengite in eclogite from the Yangkou area, Qingdao, eastern China
- 28 Downloads
There are two generations of white micas in retrograded coesite-bearing eclogite from the Yangkou area near Qingdao, eastern China. The secondary phengite developed along the folliations in eclogite is the majority of the white micas. Nd and Sr isotopic disequilibriums between garnet and retrograded omphacite as well as secondary phengite have been observed. Consequently, the Rb-Sr ages ((193 ±4) Ma-(195 ±4) Ma) given by the tie lines of the secondary phengite + garnet or whole rock may predate the formation time of the phengite. The Rb-Sr age of (183 ±4) Ma given by the secondary phengite + retrograde omphacite is much closer to the formation time of the phengite indicating the retrograde age of eclogite instead of a cooling age of eclogite at 500°C.
Keywordseclogite Nd isotopic disequilibrium Rb-Sr dating Su-Lu UHPM belt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 12.Jahn, B.-M., Cornichet, J., Henin, O. et al., Geochemical and isotopic investigation of ultrahigh pressure (UHP) metamorphic terranes in China: Su-Lu and Dabie complexes, Abstracts of First Workshop on UHP Metamorphism and Tectonics at Stanford, USA, 1994, A 71–74.Google Scholar
- 14.Li, S., Sun, W., Ge, N. et al., Eclogite-facies ophiolite melange in Qingdao: Its petrological evidence and P-T path, Acta Petrol. Sinica (in Chinese with English abstract), 1992, 8(4): 351.Google Scholar
- 15.Ye, K., Hirajima, T., Ishiwatari, A. et al., Significance of interstitial coesite in eclogite from Yangkou, Qingdao City, eastern Shangdong Province, Chin. Sci. Bull. (in Chinese), 1996, 41(5): 1047.Google Scholar
- 17.Li, S., Ge, N., Liu, D. et al., The Sm-Nd isotopic age of C-type eclogite from the Dabie Group in the Northern Dabie Mountains and its tectonic implication, Chinese Sci. Bull., 1989, 34(19): 1625.Google Scholar
- 19.Li, S., Liu, D., Chen, Y. et al., The Sm-Nd isotopic age of coeiste-bearing eclogite from the Southern Dabie Mountains, Chin. Sci. Bull., 1992, 37(19): 1638.Google Scholar
- 23.Burton, K. W., Kohn, M. J., Cohen, A. S. et al., The relative diffusion of Pb, Nd, Sr and O in garnet, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 1995, 133: 199.Google Scholar