Body weights, sex ratio and population structure of the Western ghat squirrel,Funamhulus tristriatus
- 22 Downloads
Studies were made on 516 specimens of Western ghat squirrel,Funambulus tristriatus collected from cocoa—coconut cropping systems in Western ghat biome of South India. Sex ratios, body weights and age structure factors ofF. Tristriatus are compared with sciurid species in India and other countries.
KeywordsFunambulus tristriatus population structure sex ratios
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Advani R 1983 Ecology, status and post-natal development of the Black rat,Rattus rattus wroughtoni in plantation crops in Sahyadri tract;Proc. Plant. Crop. Symp. Kasaragod (in press)Google Scholar
- Advani R and Sujatha A 1984 Reproductive biology of the western ghat squirrel,Funambulus tristriatus (Waterhouse) in the western ghat biome of India; Z.Säugetier Kunde 49 (in press)Google Scholar
- Anonymous 1981 Annual Report—1981,Genetics (Kasaragod: CPCRI) 190–193Google Scholar
- Barnett S A and Prakash I 1975Rodents of economic importance in India (New Delhi: Arnold-Hienemann) 175 ppGoogle Scholar
- Prakash I 1977Rodent pest management.Principles and practices Monogr. No. 4, 1–28, Central Arid Zone Research Institute, JodhpurGoogle Scholar
- Prakash I and Kametkar L R 1969 Body weights, sex and age factors in a population of the Northern Palm Squirrel,Funambulus pennanti Wroughton:J. Bombay Nat. Hist. Soc. 66 99–115Google Scholar