Dynamic analysis of harmonically excited non-linear structure system using harmonic balance method
- 217 Downloads
An analytical method is presented for evaluation of the steady state periodic behavior of nonlinear structural systems. This method is based on the substructure synthesis formulation and a harmonic balance procedure, which is applied to the analysis of nonlinear responses. A complex nonlinear system is divided into substructures, of which equations are approximately transformed to modal coordinates including nonlinear term under the reasonable procedure. Then, the equations are synthesized into the overall system and the nonlinear solution for the system is obtained. Based on the harmonic balance method, the proposed procedure reduces the size of large degrees-of-freedom problem in the solving nonlinear equations. Feasibility and advantages of the proposed method are illustrated using the study of the nonlinear rotating machine system as a large mechanical structure system. Results obtained are reported to be an efficient approach with respect to nonlinear response prediction when compared with other conventional methods.
Key WordsModeling of Non-Linear Structure Dynamic Analysis Modal Analysis Harmonic Balance Method Multi-DOF System Design of Aircraft Gas Turbine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Choi, Y. and Noah, S. T., 1987, “Nonlinear steady state response of a rotor-support system,”Trans. AS ME, Journal of Vibration, A coustics, Stress and Reliability in Design, Vol. 109, pp. 255–261.Google Scholar
- Hassan A., 1994, “Use of Transformations with The Higher Order Method of Multiple Scales to Determine The Steady State Periodic Response of Harmonically Excited Non-linear oscillators, Part I: Transformation of Derivative,”Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 178-1, pp. 1–19.CrossRefMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Iwatsubo Takuzo, Kawamura Shozo and Moon Byungyoung, 1998, “Non-Linear Vibration Analysis of Rotor System using Substructure Synthesis Method (Analysis with consideration of non-linearity of rotor),”JSME International Journal Series C, Vol. 41, No 4, pp 727–733.Google Scholar
- Iwatsubo Takuzo, Shimbo Kenichi, Kawamura Shozo and Moon Byungyoung, 1999, “Non-Linear Vibration Analysis of Rotor System using Component Mode Synthesis Method (Proposition of construction method for the nonlinear restoring force term by using modal coordinates),”Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng., (in Japanese) Series C, Vol. 65, No. 637, pp 3499–3506.Google Scholar
- Moon Byungyoung, Kim Jin-Wook and Yang Bo-suk, 1999, “Non-Linear Vibration Analysis of Mechanical Structure System using Substructure Synthesis Method,”KSME International Journal, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp 620–629.Google Scholar