Long lengths of mono- and multi-filamentary Ag-sheathed Bi(2223) tapes
- 14 Downloads
By optimising the tape fabrication process, high critical current densities over long lengths (up to 25 m) of Bi,Pb(2223) Ag-sheathed tapes were reproducibly achieved. The Jc values of multifilamentary tapes (up to 55 filaments) are typically in the range of 25-30 kA/cm2 at 77 K, while Jc values up to 35 kA/cm2 were recently achieved for monofjlamentary tapes of 0.5 m in length. Detailed measurements of the transport properties of short tapes as well as of test pancakes are presented. The employment of these tapes in the fabrication of superconducting coils have been also discussed.
PACS 74.72High-Tc compounds
PACS 74.72.HsBi-based compounds
PACS 01.30.CcConference proceedings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Flükiger R., Grasso G., Grivel J. C, Hensel B., Marti F., Huang Y. andPerin A., inCritical Currents in Superconductors, edited byT. Matsushita andK. Jamafuji (World Scientific, Singapore) 1997.Google Scholar
- Riley G. N.,MRS 1996 Spring Meeting, 8-12 April 1996, San Francisco (USA). Google Scholar
- Sato K., Ohkura K., Hayashi K., Hikata T., Kaneko T., Kato T., Ueyama M. and Fujikami J.,Proceedings of the 7th US-Japan Workshop on High Tc Superconductors, Tsukuba (Japan), 24-25 October 1995, p. 15.Google Scholar
- Yamada Y., Satou M., Murase S., Kitamura T. andKamisada Y.,Proceedings of 5th ISS’92, edited byY. Bando andH. Yamauchi (Springer, Tokyo) 1993, p. 717,Google Scholar
- Marti F., Grasso G, Huang Y. andFlükiger R., presented atASC Conference, August 25-30 1996, Pittsburgh (USA), IEEE Transact. Appl. Superconductivity,7, n. 2 (1997) 2215.Google Scholar