An analysis of the T⊗(e+e) two-mode Jahn-Teller system with strong coupling
- 23 Downloads
Details of an approach for strongly coupled orbital triplet Jahn-Teller (JT) systems using a unitary transformation and energy minimization procedure are applied to the two-mode T⊗ (e+e) JT system in the case when both linear and quadratic coupling are included. The inclusion of quadratic JT coupling leads to a partial lift of degeneracy of the triplet ground states and the excited ones. The effect of static strains in strongly coupled T⊗ (e+e) JT system is also investigated analytically. We have shown that tetragonal trigonal and orthorhombic strains modify the structure of the system.
PACS 71.70Level splitting and interactions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ham F. S.,Jahn-Teller effect nin electron paramagnetic resonance spectra, inParamagnetic Resenance, edited byS.Geschwind (Plenum, New York) 1972, pp. 1–119.Google Scholar
- Perlin Yu. E. andWagner M.,The Dynamical Jahn-Teller Effect in Localised Systems (North-Holland, Amsterdam) 1984.Google Scholar
- Bersuker I. B. andPolinger V. Z.,Vibronic Interaction in Molecules and Crystals (Springer, Berlin) 1989.Google Scholar
- MANINI N. andTOSSATTI ERIO, Con-Mat/9506038, I.C.T.P, Trieste, Italy.Google Scholar
- Englman R.,The Jahn-Teller Effect in Molecules and Crystals (Wiley, London) 1972.Google Scholar
- Bersuker I. B.,Vekhter B. G.,Ferroelectrics,19 (1978) 137.Google Scholar
- DUNN J. L., PhD Thesis University of Nottingham 1987.Google Scholar