Screening of HLA-A2 restricted CTL epitopes using molecular simulation
- 10 Downloads
A new technology has been established to screen CTL epitope by using molecular simulation and molecular dynamics. By using this technology, four peptides of MAGE-2 were screened and further identified by peptide binding assay and cytotoxic assay. Results showed that three candidate peptides had higher affinity to HLA-A2 molecule and were able to pulse CTL activitiesin vitro in human PBMC. The results indicated that identification of CTL epitopes with computer assistant could overcome the complicated experimental steps, particularly the peptide elution step, and could directly observe peptide-MHC-I compound binding pattern and could be used to screen CTL epitopes quickly.
KeywordsCTL epitope HLA-A2 identification computer assistant molecular simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.van Elsas, A., van der Burg, S. H., van der Minne, C. E. et al., Peptide-pulsed dendritic cells induce tumoricidal cytotoxic T lymphocytes from healthy donors against stably HLA-A* 0201-binding peptides from the Melan-A/MART-1 self antigen, Eur. J. Immunol., 1996, 26(8): 1683–1689.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Bristol, J. A., Schlom, J., Abrams, S. I., Development of a murine mutant Ras CD8+ CTL peptide epitope variant that possesses enhanced MHC class I binding and immunogenic properties, J. Immunol., 1998, 160(5): 2433–2441.Google Scholar
- 10.Scarcella, D. L., Chow, C. W., Gonzales, M. F. et al., Expression of MAGE and GAGE in high-grade brain tumors: a potential target for specific immunotherapy and diagnostic markers, Clin-Cancer-Res., 1999, 5(2): 335–339.Google Scholar
- 13.Geng, M., Jia, Z. C., Wan, Y. et al., Prediction of HLA-A2 restricted CTL epitope of tumor antigen MAGE-2, Acta Academiae Medicinae Militaris Tertiae (in Chinese), 2000, 22(10): 934–937.Google Scholar
- 18.McCammon, J. A., Harvey, S. C., Dynamics of protein and nucleic acid, London: Cambridge University Press, 1987, 150–270.Google Scholar