State transition in blue-green algaSynechocystis PCC 6803
- 22 Downloads
The mechanism of state transition in blue-green algaSynechocystis PCC 6803 was investigated by using modulated fluorescence. NaF, an inhibitor of phosphatase, did not inhibit state II to state I transition. Rotenone, a specific inhibitor of NAD(P)H ubiquinone reductase, stimulated transition from state II to state I in dark. The results suggest that state transition in blue-green algaSynechocystis PCC 6803 is controlled by redox state of plastiquinone pool, but not by the phosphorylation of thylakoid membrane proteins.
Keywordsblue-green alga state transition inhibitor chlorophyll fluorescence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fork, D., Satoh, K., The control by state transition of the distribution of excitation energy in photosynthesis,Ann. Rev. Plant Physiol., 1986, 37: 335.Google Scholar
- 3.Campbell, D., Zhou, G. Q., Gustafsson, P.et al., Electron transport regulates exchange of two forms of photosystem II D1 protein in the cyanobacteriumSynechococcus, EMBO J., 1995, 14(22): 5457.Google Scholar
- 5.Schreiber, U., Endo, T., Mi, H.et al., Quenching analysis of chlorophyll fluorescence by the saturation pulse method: particular aspects relating to the study of eukaryotic algae and cyanobacteria,Plant Cell Physiol., 1995, 36: 873.Google Scholar
- 6.Mackinney, G., Absorption of light by chlorophyll solutions,J. Biol. Chem., 1941, 140: 315.Google Scholar
- 8.Biggins, J., Bruce, D. The relationship between protein kinase activity and chlorophyll a fluorescence changes in thylakoid from the cyanobacteriumSynechococcus 6301, inProgress in Photosynthesis Research (ed. Biggins, J.), Dordrecht: Martinus Nijhoff, 1987, 2: 773.Google Scholar
- 12.Mi, H., Endo, T., Schreiber, U.et al., Electron donation from cyclic and respiratory flows to the photosynthetic intersystem chain is mediated by pyridine nucleotide dehydrogenase in the cyanobacteriurnSynechocystis PCC 6803,Plant Cell Physiol, 1992, 33: 1233.Google Scholar