Synthesis, crystal structure and thermal behavior of Rb(NTO) · H2O
- 22 Downloads
The Rb(NTO) · H2O crystal has been synthesized by reaction of 3-nitro-1,2,4-triazole-5-one (NTO) with Rb2CO3 in aqueous solution. Its crystal structure has been determined. The crystal belongs to monoclinic system. Crystal structure data: space group P211n; a=0.633 0(1),b = 0.824 1(2),c =1.296 4(3) nm; β =97.90(1)°;V= 0.669 9 (2) nm3,Z = 4,D c = 2.306 g/cm3, μ = 7.365 nm−1, F(000) = 448. An eight coordinated compound is formed between Rb+ with oxygen atoms and nitrogen atoms. A layer structure is formed by coordination bonds and hydrogen bonds. The thermal decomposition mechanism of this coordination compound is discussed.
KeywordsRb-NTO coordination compound crystal structrue thermal decomposition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rethgery, E. F., Audette, R. C., Wedlich, D. C., The study of the thermal decomposition of 3-nitro-1,2,4-triazol-5-one (NTO) by DSC, TG-AMS and ARC, Thermochim. Acta, 1991(2): 235.Google Scholar
- 2.Spear, R. J., Louey, C. N., Wolfson, M. G. et al., A Preliminary Assessment of 3-Nitro-1,2,4-Triazol-5-one (NTO) as an Insensitive High Explosive, MRL-Tb-89-18, Maribyrnong, Vic: Materials Research Laboratory, 1989.Google Scholar
- 4.Song Jirong, Hu Rongzu, Li Fuping et al., Preparation, molecular structure and thermodynamical properties of [Sr(NTO)2− (H2O)4]2 · 2H2O, Acta Chimica Simca (in Chinese), 2000, 58(2): 222.Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang Tonglai, Hu Rongzu, Li Fuping et al., Preparation, crystal structure and thermal decomposition mechanism of [Cu(NTO)2(H2O)] · 2H2O, Chinese Science Bulletin (in Chinese), 1993, 38(6): 523.Google Scholar
- 9.Song Jirong, Study on Metal Coordination Compounds of NTO (in Chinese), Beijing: Chemical Industry Publishing Company, 1998, 1–3.Google Scholar
- 11.Song Jirong, Chen Zhaoxu, Xiao Heming et al., Preparation, crystal structure and quantum chemical investigation of [Yb(NTO)3 (H2O)4], Acta Chimica Simca (in Chinese), 1998, 56 (3): 270.Google Scholar