Reactivity and structural characterization of divalent samarium aryloxide with diethylaluminum chloride
- 15 Downloads
Reaction of (ArO)2Sm(THF)4 (ArO = 2,6-di-tert-butyl-4-methylphenolate) with Et2AlCl in THF gives SmCl2 (1) and (ArO)AlEt2(THF) (2) via ligand exchange. Complex 1 reacts with cyclooctatetraene (C8H8) to give [(C8H8)SmCl(THF)2]2 (3). Crystal structural determinations show that complex 2 has a monomeric structure, the aluminum atom is coordinated by two carbon atoms and two oxygen atoms, to form a distorted tetrahedron. Complex 3 has a dimeric structure, the samarium atom is coordinated by a cyclooctatetraenyl ring, two chorine atoms and two oxygen atoms, the coordination number of the central metal is 9.
Keywordslanthanide aryloxide aluminum alkyl cyclooctatetraene reaction crystal structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hou, Z. M., Wakatsuki, Y., Reaction of ketones with low-valent lanthanides: isolation and reactivity of lanthanide ketyl and ketone dianion complexes, Top. Organomet. Chem., Vol. 2 (ed. Kobayashi, S.), Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1999, 233–253.Google Scholar
- 3.Hou, Z. M., Zhang, Y. G., Tezuka, H. et al., C5Me5/ER-ligated samarium(II) complexes with neutral “C5Me5M” ligand (ER = OAr, Sar, NRR’, or PHAr; M = K or Na): a unique catalytic system for polymerization and block-copolymerization of styrene and ethylene, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2000, 122(43): 10533–10543.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Hu, J. Y., Qi, Q. Z., Shen, Q., Polymerization of methyl methacrylate catalyzed by (ArO)2Sm(THF)4 (ArO = 2,6-di-tert-butyl-4-methylphenolate), Chin. J. Appl. Chem. (in Chinese), 1995, 12(5): 94–95.Google Scholar
- 5.Yao, Y. M., Shen, Q., Hu, J. Y., Ring-opening polymerization of ε-caprolactone catalyzed by (ArO)2Sm(THF)4 (ArO = 2,6-di-tert-butyl-4-methylphenolate), Chin. J. Polym. Sci. (in Chinese), 1997, 6(5): 672–675.Google Scholar
- 7.Hou, Z. M., Fujita, A., Yoshimura, T. et al., Heteroleptic lanthanide complexes with aryloxide ligands, Synthesis and structural characterization of divalent and trivalent samarium aryloxide/ halide and aryloxide/cyclopentadienide complexes, Inorg. Chem., 1996, 35(25): 7190–7195.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Qi, G. Z., Shen, Q., Lin, Y. H., Structure of the bis(2,6-di-t-butyl-4-methyl-phenexo) samarium(II) complex [Sm(OAr)2(THF)3]THF, ActaCryst, 1994, C50(9): 1456–1458.Google Scholar