The effects of the synthetic nocistatin on blood vessel activities
- 10 Downloads
Nocistatin was synthesized by the solid-phase peptide synthesis method. Its effects on rat systemic arterial pressure; rat hindquarter vascular bed resistance; tension of rabbit pectoral, abdominal, femoral aorta muscle strips without endothelium; and nociceptin induced decreases of rat systemic arterial pressure were determined. The results showed that nocistatin can increase the systemic arterial pressure, increase the hindquarter vascular bed resistance and induce the contraction significantly of abdominal, femoral aorta muscle strips without endothelium; it has no significant effect on tension of pectoral aorta muscle strips, it cannot antagonize significantly the decrease of rat systemic arterial pressure induced by nociceptin. These results suggest that nocistatin has some important effects on blood vessel activities.
Keywordssolid-phase polypeptide synthesis nocistatin nociceptin systemic blood pressure hindquarter vascular bed resistance blood vessel muscle strip
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.Shirasaka, T., Kunitake, T., Kato, K. et al., Nociceptin modulates renal sympathetic nerve activity through central action in conscious rats, Am. J. Physiol., 1999, 277(4 pt 2): R1025.Google Scholar
- 11.Dong, S. L., Wang, T., Chen, Q. et al., Synthesis, Structure-activity relatioship of nociceptin and its fragments, Chinese Science Bulletin, 1999, 44(18): 1655.Google Scholar
- 12.Stewart, J. M., Young, J. D., Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis, 2nd ed., Rockford: Pierce Chemical Company, 1986, 76–78Google Scholar
- 13.Loffit, A., Improvement to the esterification procedure used in solid phase peptide synthesis, Int. J. Protein. Res., 1971, 3: 297.Google Scholar
- 14.Xu, S. Y., Bian, R. L., Chen, X., Experimental Methodology of Pharmacology, 2nd ed. (in Chinese), Beijing: The People’s Medical Publishing House, 1994, 423–426, 804–807.Google Scholar