Synthesis, thermal decomposition and crystal structure of copper (II) α, β-unsaturated carboxylate with urea
A detailed synthesis is described for binuclear cage ternary complexes Cu2A4 [(NH2),CO]2, where A= CH2=CH-COO− and CH2=C(CH3)-COO−. Elemental analysis and thermal analysis have been investigated. The molecular structure of Cu2, (CH2, = CH-COO)4[(NH2)2CO]2 was determined by single crystal X-ray diffraction. The material forms blue crystal with tetragronal symmetry, space group P42,/n,a =b = 1.239 35(6) nm, c = 1.398 05 (16) nm, Z = 4. There exists a magnetic exchange interaction between the two paramagnetic Cu atoms. The Cu-Cu bond length is 0.260 94 nm.
Keywordscopper(II) α β-unsaturated carboxylate urea ternary complex thermal decomposition crystal structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.King, R. B.,Encyclopedia of Inorganic Chemistry, Yew York: John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 1994, 829.Google Scholar
- 3.Wang Yaoyu. Shi Qizhen, Gao Yiciet al., Crystal structure of bis (α-methacrylato)-2,2′-bipyridine-monohydrate copper (II),Polyhedron, 1991, 16: 1893.Google Scholar
- 4.Wang Yaoyu, Gao Yici, Shi Qizhenet al., Studies on complex of copper(II)-methacrylate with 2, 2′-bipyridine,Chemical Journal of Chinese Universities, 1991, 10: 1297.Google Scholar
- 5.Wang Yaoyu, Gao Yici, Shi Qizhen, Synthesis, characterization and crystal structure on ternary complexes of copper(II) α, β unsaturated carboxylic acids with 1. 10-phenanthroline.Chemical Journal of Chinese Universities, 1997, 3: 348.Google Scholar
- 6.Willett, R. D., Gatteschi, D., Kahn, O. (eds.),Magnet-Structural Correlation in Erchange Couple Systems, NATO ASI Ser. C, Vol. 140, Reidel, Dordrecht. 1984, 389.Google Scholar
- 7.Penland, R. B., Mizushima, S., Curran, C.et al., Studies of some metal-urea complexes,Inorg. Chem., 1970, 9(7): 1575.Google Scholar