A numerical study on the enhancement of heat transfer by pressure distributions in acoustic fields
- 54 Downloads
The enhancement of heat transfer in a cavity was investigated in the absence of and in the presence of acoustic streaming induced by ultrasonic waves. The present study provides the experimental and numerical results of heat transfer in the acoustic fields. The enhancement of heat transfer was experimentally investigated in the presence of acoustic streaming and was compared with the profiles of acoustic pressure calculated by the numerical analysis. A coupled finite element-boundary element method (FE-BEM) was applied for a numerical analysis. Experimental and numerical studies clearly show that pressure variations are closely related to the enhancement of heat transfer in the acoustic fields.
KeywordsAcoustic pressure Acoustic streaming Particle imaging velocimetry (PIV) Coupled FE-BEM Ultrasonic wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hong, J. S., Studies on Heat Storing and Retrieving Characteristics in a Paraffin-Filled Horizontal Circular Tube, Ph. D. Thesis, Seoul National Univ., Korea, 1990.Google Scholar
- Jarng, S. S., Sonar Transducer Analysis Using a Coupled FE-BE Method, Proc. of the 12 Korea Automatic Control Conf., 12 (1997), 1750–1753.Google Scholar
- Mashiro, Heat Transfer, Korean ed., Sigma Press, Seoul, Korea, (1995), 200–201.Google Scholar
- Oh, Y. K., Park, S. H. and Cha, K. O., An Experimental Study of Accelerating Phase Change Heat Transfer”, KSME International Journal, 15 (2001), 1882–1891.Google Scholar
- Oh, Y. K. and Park, S. H., Acoustic Enhancement of Solid-Liquid Phase Change Heat Transfer, Journal of Energy Eng. 11-3 (2002), 262–268.Google Scholar