Binders based on aqueous dispersions of polymers for plastic shaping of ceramic products
Some special features of the deformation behavior of plastic corundum mixtures and semifinished products with temporary technological binders based on aqueous dispersions of polyvinyl acetate and polymethyl acrylate are considered. As compared to conventional binders, the new binders widen the range of the plastic state of the mixtures with preservation of a high level of molding properties and make it possible to increase the strength of molded preforms. It is shown that the binders are applicable for shaping articles from narrow-fractionated powders.
KeywordsAqueous Dispersion Polyvinyl Acetate Semifinished Product Polymer Dispersion Plastic State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Saito, “Use of organic materials in molding ceramics,”Nihon Setyaku Kekai Si,17(3), 104–113 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Kimoto, “Organic materials for manufacturing novel ceramics,”Taikabutsu,35, 44–49 (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. M. Mosin and A. Yu. Mamedova, “Temporary technological binders for shaping technical ceramics,”Steklo Keram., Nos. 7–8, 20–24 (1994).Google Scholar
- 4.R. E. Neiman, O. G. Kiseleva, A. K. Egorov, et al.,Colloid Chemistry of Synthetic Latexes [in Russian], Izd. VGU, Voronezh (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.R. E. Neiman,Essays on Colloid Chemistry of Synthetic Latexes [in Russian], Izd. VGU, Voronezh (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Gabert and W. Pose, “Zur Rheologie von PVAC-dispersionen,”Plaste Kautschuk,21(8), 593–600 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.M. E. Rosenberg,Polymers Based on Vinyl Acetate [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.S. P. Nichiporenko,The Physicochemical Mechanics of Disperse Structures and the Technology of Building Ceramics [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.N. S. Biryukov,A Methodological Aid for Determining Physicomechanical Properties of Soils [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 10.V. L. Balkevich, Yu. M. Mosin, and M. N. Firsova, “Determination of plastic strength for estimating the molding properties of ceramic mixtures,”Steklo Keram., No. 4, 16–17 (1980).Google Scholar