Petrographic characteristics and several other related problems of the layered basic-ultrabasic intrusives in the Upper Yangtze Valley
- 35 Downloads
Three iron, titanium-rich layered basic-ultrabasic intrusives have been described. They occur in an approximately south-north striking belt of tectonic-magmatic complex within an anteklise. Iron and titanium were concentrated in the lower or middle-lower parts of these intrusives at the early and the middle stages of differentiation, during which FeO may have played an important role. Intimate spacial and temporal association as well as common petrochemical features (i.e., high iron and titanium contents) have been found between these layered intrusives and the syenite and alkali-syenite plutons. All of these rocks are considered as hypogene products of the differentiation of the Omeishan basaltic magma. In other words, the hypogene differentiation of the iron (titanium)-rich, sub-alkali Omeishan basltic magma under the same structural-geological conditions resulted in the formation of the rock series of layered intrusives (peridotite → iron, titanium-rich ultramafic rocks → iron-, titanium-rich gabbro, plagioclasite) → syenite, alkali-syenite.
KeywordsOlivine Apatite Average Composition Ultramafic Rock Rock Series
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 从柏林等: 1973, 西昌地区岩浆活动特征及其与构造地质的 关系, «地质科学», 第3期, 第175–191页.Google Scholar
- Jackson E. D.: 1967, Ultramafic Cumulates in the Stillwater, Great Dyke and Bushveld Intrusions. In: Wyllie P. J.: “Ultramafic and Related Bocks”, p. 21.Google Scholar
- Holloway J. R. Burnham C. W.: 1972, Melting Relations of Basalt with Equilibrium Water Pressure Less than Total Pressure. J. Petrology, V. 13, No. 1, pp. 1–29.Google Scholar
- Kuno H.: 1968, Differentation of Basalt Magmas. In: H. H.: “Basalts”, V. 2, p. 623–688.Google Scholar
- Hess H. H.: 1956, Stillwater Igneous Complex, Montana. Geol. Soci. Amer. Menoir. 80. p 152.Google Scholar
- MacDonald G. A. and Katsura T.: 194, Chemical Composition of Hawaiian Lavas. J. Petrology, V. 5, No. 1, pp. 82-133.Google Scholar
- 赵 宗溥: 1956, 中国东部新生代玄武岩类岩石化学研究, «地质学报», 第36卷, 第3期, pp. 315–367.Google Scholar
- Wager L. and Brown G.: 1968, Layered Igneous Rocks.Google Scholar