The numerical experiments on dynamic forcing by the Tibetan Plateau for various zonal flows
- 120 Downloads
In this paper, the dynamic disturbances to various basic zonal currents caused by the Tibetan Plateau are simulated by means of a three-level primitive equation model, in which σ is used as the vertical coordinate. Four types of currents have been used, i. e. the barotropic homogeneous current, barotropic jet stream, baroclinic current and the zonal mean current in summer. The results are helpful to understand the dynamic effects of the Tibetan Plateau on the general circulation over East Asia.
KeywordsTibetan Plateau Dynamic Effect West Wind Zonal Flow Maximum Wind Speed
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 30(1959), 265–275.Google Scholar
- 28(1957), 122–140.Google Scholar
- 28(1957), 303–313.Google Scholar
- Okamura, Y.,Papers Met. Geophys.,27(1976), 1–20.Google Scholar
- Nakamara, H.,J. Met. Soc. Japan,56(1978), 317–367.Google Scholar
- 1979, 234–245.Google Scholar
- 5(1982), 464–472.Google Scholar
- 1(1976), 39–51.Google Scholar
- 1984, 236–244.Google Scholar
- Berkofsky, L. and Bertont, E. A.,Bull. Amer. Met. Soc.,36(1955), 7, 350–354.Google Scholar
- 7(1983), 145–152.Google Scholar