Genetic analysis of chemosensory pathway
- 106 Downloads
Some olfactory and gustatory mutants ofDrosophila melanogaster are described. Theolf mutants are insensitive to the repellent, benzaldehyde or the attractant ethyl acetate or simultaneously to both. Thegust mutants are unable to taste quinine or NaCl or sucrose. Electrophysiological tests show that one of the sugar non-tasters has an altered primary chemoreceptor response to sucrose.
KeywordsNeurogenetics behavioural genetics chemosensory mutants olfaction gustation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Benzer S 1973Sci. Am. December p. 24Google Scholar
- Fuyama Y 1974Drosophila Information Service 51 142Google Scholar
- Hirsch J 1965 inReadings in Animal Behaviour ed. T E McGill (Holt Rinehart and Winston)Google Scholar
- Siddiqi O and Benzer S 1972Caltech, Biol. Ann. Rep. p, 38Google Scholar
- Tompkins L and Sanders T G 1977aGenetics 86 Suppl, S64Google Scholar
- Tompkins L and Sanders T G 1977bGenetics 86 Suppl, S63Google Scholar