An evaluation of ten digital image review workstations
- 29 Downloads
A suite of performance tests are defined and performed on a total of 10 primary diagnostic image review workstations. System architectures, user interface, image manipulation tools, and data retrieval rates are discussed and analyzed. Performance timings are normalized to MB/sec to remove image file size dependencies from the data analysis. Although it is likely that some performance and capacity data may be dated as this article goes to press, it is hoped that the test definitions, methodology, and baseline data will aid those contemplating equipment purchases to make a more informed choice.
Key WordsPACS teleradiology workstations performance evaluation computers radiology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Kodak Health Imaging Systems, PDS V2.5.6 Rochester NY, 1-800-KHIS-009Google Scholar
- 5.ICON Medical Systems, Telemax V2.0, Campbell CA 95008Google Scholar
- 6.EMED, StatView/DX for Windows V1.1A, San Antonio TX 78230-1024Google Scholar
- 7.GE Medical Systems, Advantage Windows V1.2, P.O. Box 414, Milwaukee WI 53201Google Scholar
- 8.CEMAX, VIP Release 1.41, 47291 Mission Falls Court, Fremont, CA, 94539Google Scholar
- 9.ALI, UltraPACS V2.43.03, Richmond BC, Canada, 1800 663 2533Google Scholar
- 10.Acuson Corp, Aegis, 1220 Charleston Road, P.O. Box 7393, Mountain View CA 94039Google Scholar
- 11.ATL, Access, Bothell WA 98041-3003Google Scholar
- 12.Lockheed Martin Medical Imaging Systems, LiteBox V5.3, 2501 North Barrington Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60195, 1-800-449-7811Google Scholar
- 13.Siemens Medical Engineering, MagicView VA02D, Erlangen, GermanyGoogle Scholar