Intra-arterial infusion of N-isopropyl-p[123I]iodoamphetamine for assessing effective blood supply to pulmonary and hepatic neoplasms
- 16 Downloads
The biodistribution and pharmacokinetics of intra-arterially administered N-isopropyl-p[123I] iodoamphetamine (123I-IMP) were prospectively evaluated in 38 patients with histologically proven pulmonary or hepatic tumors. Intra-arterially infused123I-IMP was distributed initially in peripheral tissues in which the blood supply was maintained. Its concentration in malignant neoplasms was demonstrated to be higher than in normal tissues. In pulmonary cancer, the tumor uptake of the administered dose without a tissue attenuation correction (% uptake) of123I-IMP at 1–2 min after injection was 14.7 ± 5.7% (s.d.). The tumor to normal tissue ratio was 2.1 ± 0.7 in hepatocellular carcinoma and 1.4 ± 0.7 in metastatic tumors. The biodistribution of123I-IMP was also compared to that of99mTc-macroaggregated albumin (99mTc-MAA) in 9 cases of hepatic cancer. The distribution of123I-IMP resembled that of99mTc-MAA in 5 cases and was different in 4 cases.123I-IMP was more concentrated in the tumor than99mTc-MAA.
Intra-arterial infusion scintigraphy with123I-IMP seems to provide information on effective blood supply to neoplasms which are targeted in interventional radiology.
Key wordstumor blood flow intra-arterial infusion N-isopropyl-p[123I]iodoamphetamine (123I-IMP) interventional radiology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Bledin AG, Kantarjian HM, Kim EE, Wallace S, Chuang VP, Patt YZ, et al.99mTc-labeled macroaggregated albumin in intrahepatic arterial chemotherapy.Am J Roentgenol 139: 711–715, 1982.Google Scholar
- 7.Rodari A, Bonfanti G, Garbagnati F, Marolda R, Milella M, Buraggi GL. Microsphere angiography in hapatic artery infusion for cancer.EurJ Nucl Med 6: 473–476, 1981.Google Scholar
- 27.Fishman AP, Fisher AB, Geiger SR. The respiratory system.Handbook of Physiology. Vol. 1. Sec. 3. Bethesda: American physiological society, 1985.Google Scholar
- 33.Nakajo M, Shimada J, Shimozono M, Uchiyama N, Hiraki Y, Shinohara S. Serial lung imaging with123I-DVIP in localized pulmonary lesions.KAKU IGAKU (Jpn J Nucl Med) 25: 441–450, 1988.Google Scholar
- 34.Suga K, Matsumoto T, Nakanishi T, Yokoyama T, Tanaka K, Nakamura H, et al. Clinical study on the mechanism of abnormal accumulation in lung scanning with N-isopropyl-p-123I-iodoamphetamme (123I-IMP).KAKU IGAKU (Jpn J Nucl Med) 25: 625–631, 1988.Google Scholar