Increased accumulation of iodine-123-IMP in the pulmonary inflammatory lesion surrounding a lung cancer
- 17 Downloads
In a patient with primary lung cancer, increased accumulation of I-123-IMP was observed in a pulmonary inflammatory lesion surrounding a lung cancer which was delineated as a photon deficient area. Ga-67-citrate uptake was observed in both the inflammatory and cancerous areas. These findings suggest that I-123-IMP may have the potential to accumulate differently in a variety of pathological conditions of the lung and thus may be a clinically useful lung imaging agent.
Key wordsI-123-IMP Lung imaging Pulmonary inflammation Lung cancer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Gemmell HG, Sharp PF, Evans NTS, et al: Single photon emission tomography with 123I-isopropyl-amphetamine in Alzheimer’s disease and multi-infarct dementia.Lancet: 1348, December 8, 1984Google Scholar
- 7.Touya J, Akber SF, Rahimian J, et al: Metabolic lung scanning with N-isopropyl-I-123-p-iodoamphet-amine. In Nuclear Medicine and Biology, Volume 3, Raynaud C, (ed.), Paris, Pergamon Press, pp. 2554–2557, 1982Google Scholar
- 9.Watanabe N, Yokoyama K, Aburano T, et al: I-123-IMP as a new tumor affinity agent for malignant tumor.J Nucl Med 27: 1033, 1986Google Scholar
- 10.Secker-Walker, RH: The respiratory system. Textbook of Nuclear Medicine, Vol 2: Clinical applications, Harbert J, da Rocha AFG, eds, Philadelphia, Lea & Febiger, 1984, pp. 311–379Google Scholar
- 12.Larson SM, Camargo EE, Keenan AM: Tumors. Textbook of Nuclear Medicine, Vol 2: Clinical applications, Harbert J, da Rocha AFG, eds. Philadelphia, Lea & Febiger, 1984, pp. 635–662Google Scholar