A pulse sequence for averaging the strong homonuclear scalar coupling in AB spin systems
- 20 Downloads
A pulse sequence is proposed for the suppression of the strong homonuclear scalar coupling in the case of AB spin systems. The theoretical treatment is presented in terms of the average Hamiltonian theory in the case of aperiodic perturbations. The zero-order and the first-order correction terms in the full average Hamiltonian are calculated. It is shown that the chemical shift interaction for one of the spins is completely refocused and the conditions in which the interactions bilinear in spin operators are efficiently suppressed are analyzed.
KeywordsPulse Sequence Spin Operator Scalar Coupling Strong Scalar Coupling Scalar Coupling Constant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Haeberlen U.: Adv. Magnetic Resonance (Suppl. 1). New York: Academic Press 1976.Google Scholar
- Bax A., Freeman R.: J. Magn. Reson.44, 542 (1981)Google Scholar
- Rance M., Wagner G., Sorensen O.W., Wuthrich K., Ernst R.R.: J. Magn. Reson.59, 250 (1984)Google Scholar
- Shaka A.J., Freeman R.: J. Magn. Reson.51, 169 (1983)Google Scholar
- Ernst R.R., Bodenhausen G., Wokaun A.: Principles of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance in One and Two Dimensions. Oxford: Clarendon Press 1987.Google Scholar