Orientation of the imidazole type ligands in copper complexes studied by ESEEM
- 36 Downloads
Effects of nitrogen quadrupole coupling tensors on ESEEM spectra are discussed. It is shown from theoretical considerations that the spectra, especially the double quantum transition line, are strongly affected by changes of tensor orientation in the magnetic field. Model calculations for angle-selected nitrogen ESEEM spectra of copper complexes in the disordered state show that the double quantum transition line changes its intensity with the resonance magnetic field set position in the EPR spectrum. These model calculations also show that estimation of the orientation of the imidazole type ligands with respect to theg principal axes may be easily made without any tedious processes of computer simulation of the whole ESEEM spectral pattern. The usefulness of the method is experimentally shown by applying it to the structural studies of the copper complexes of 2-(2′-pyridyl)imidazole and 2(2′-pyridyl) benzimidazole and their six coordinated complexes with nitrogeneous bases.
KeywordsPyridyl Copper Complex Imidazole Ring Hyperfine Coupling Microwave Pulse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Mims W.B., Peisach J.: J. Biol. Chem.254, 4321 (1979)Google Scholar
- a) Hoffman B.M., Martinsen J., Venters R.A.: J. Magn. Reson.,59, 110 (1984); b) Hoffman B.M., Venters R.A., Martinsen J.: J. Magn. Reson.62, 537 (1985)Google Scholar
- Yordanov N.D., Zdravkova M. in: Proceedings of XXII-nd Congress Ampere on Magnetic Resonance and Related Phenomena, p. 612. Zuerich 1984.Google Scholar
- a) Miyamoto R., Ohba Y., Ivaizumi M. in: Electron Magnetic Resonance of Disordered Systems (Yordanov N.D. ed.), p. 113. Singapore: World Scientific 1989. b) Miyamoto R., Ohba Y., Iwaizumi M.: Inorg. Chem.31, 3138 (1992)Google Scholar
- Reijerse E.J., Paulissen M.L.H., Keijzers C.P.: J. Magn. Reson.,60, 66 (1984)Google Scholar
- Ohba Y., Kawata S., Satoh M., Yokoi H., Iwaizumi M. in: Electron Magnetic Resonance of Disordered Systems (Yordanov N.D., ed.), p. 175. Singapore: World Scientific 1991.Google Scholar