Applying Logic Programming to knowledge discovery on the Internet
- 20 Downloads
LP (Logic Programming) has been successfully applied to knowledge discovery in many fields. The execution of the LP is based on the evaluation of the first order predicate. Usually the information involved in the predicates are local and homogenous, thus the evaluation process is relatively simple. However, the evaluation process become much more complicated when applied to KDD on the Internet where the information involved in the predicates maybe heterogeneous and distributed over many different sits. Therefor, we try to attack the problem in a multi-agent system’s framework so that the logic program can be written in a site-independent style and deal easily with heterogeneous represented information.
Key wordslogic programming knowledge discovery internet
CLC numberTP 182
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- http://www-ksl.stanford.edu/KR96/Mark1-Where/index.htmlGoogle Scholar
- Tim Finnin, Yannis Labrou.Tutorial on Agent Communication Languages. University of Maryland Baltimore County, 1999, Oct. 3.Google Scholar
- Hendrik Blockeel, Luc De Raedt. Relational Knowledge Discovery in Database.The 6th International Workshop on Inductive Logic Programming, 1996.Google Scholar
- Katharina Morik.Knowledge Discovery in Databases— An Inductive Logic Programming Approach. Berlin: Springer-Verlag Press, 1997.Google Scholar
- Katharina Morik, Peter Brock hausen. A Multistrategy Approach to Relational Knowledge Discovery in Databases.Machine Learning, 1997, 27 (3).Google Scholar
- Peter Brockhausen, Katharina Morik.Direct Access of an ILP Algorithm to a Database Management System. Berling: Springer-Verlag Press, 1997.Google Scholar
- Vasilios S Lazarou, Keith L Clark. Agents for Hypermedia Information Discovery.Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence. Springer: 1998.Google Scholar
- Michalski R S, Carbonell J G, Mitchell T M.Machine Learning— An Artificial Intelligence Approach. Springer-Verlag: 1983.Google Scholar
- Fayyad U, Piatetsky-Shapiro G, Padhraic Smyth. Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining: Towards a Unifying Framework. In:Proceedings of Second International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD-96). AAAI Press, 1996.Google Scholar
- http://oldwww.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/groups/ machlearn/index.htmlGoogle Scholar