Reflective State pattern with dynamic constructiveness
- 17 Downloads
After discussing the reflective method of structure and behavior in the State design pattern based on Role Object pattern and the Reflective pattern of software architecture, this paper proposes a reflective state pattern with dynamic constructiveness. This paper explains the meta level and the base level, which are two levels of this pattern, and specifies the relation of two levels by using Meta Object Protocol (MOP). Then it discusses mechanism of interception and reification for reflecting base, object from Meta object. Finally this paper gives an example of network server for applying the Reflective State pattern.
Key wordsrole model state design pattern reflective pattern role object pattern
CLC numberTP 311.5
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gama E, Helm R, Johnson R,et al. Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software. New York: Addison-Wesley Publishing inc., 1995.Google Scholar
- Buschmann F, Meunier R, Rohnert H,et al. A System of Patterns: pattern-oriented software architecture. New York: John Wiley & Sons inc., 1996.Google Scholar
- Show M, Garlan D.Software Architecture — Perspectives on an Emerging Discipline. New Jersey: Prentice Hall, inc. 1996.Google Scholar
- Baumer D, Riehel D, Siberski W,et al. The Role Object Pattern.Proceedings of PloP ’97, Monticello, Illinois, US, 1997.Google Scholar
- Ferreira L L, Rubira C M F. The Reflective State Pattern.Proceedings of PloP ’98, Monticello, Illinois, US, 1998.Google Scholar