Variational solution of heat convection in the channel flow with the help of GPDP
- 16 Downloads
The Governing Principle of Dissipative Processes is applied to study the temperature distribution in the fluid flow inside two parallel semi-infinite plates. It is found that the flux representation of the principle yields exactly the same result as obtained with the help of Lagrangian thermodynamics ofBiot. The results obtained in the present analysis compare well with the exact ones.
KeywordsHeat Convection Entropy Production Variational Solution Slug Flow Dissipation Potential
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.I. Gyarmati, Non-equilibrium Thermodynamics, Springer, Berlin, 1970.Google Scholar
- 10.S. D. Nigam andH. C. Agarwal, J. Math. and Mech.,9, 689, 1960.Google Scholar
- 11.M. A. Biot, Variational Principle in Heat Transfer, Oxford, 1970.Google Scholar
- 12.P. J. Schneider, Trans. A. S. M. E.,79, 765, 1957.Google Scholar
- 13.K. Millsapes andK. Pohlhausen, Proceedings of the Conference on Differential Equations, University of Maryland, 271, 1956.Google Scholar
- 15.V. D. Does andJ. Schenk, Appl. Sci. Res.,3, 308, 1953.Google Scholar