Energy levels of237Np
- 16 Downloads
The α decay of241 Am to237Np has been studied using Si(Li) and H.P.Ge−NaI(Tl) spectrometers in the low energy range 5–45 keV. Twelve gamma transitions have been observed. Two of these transitions are found to be new and have energies 28.52 and 40.44 keV. Furthermore, it was possible to confirm the placement of the 27.1 keV transition in the level scheme of237Np. The levels from this and previous work are compared with those calculated by means of the unified model and the extracted parameters are given.
KeywordsRabie 237Np Decay Scheme Gamma Transition Coincidence Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. L. Wolfson and J. J. H. Pork, Canad. J. Phys.,42, 1387, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.J. E. Cline, IN-1448 Rev., 1971.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Genoux-Lubian and G. Ardisson, C. R. Acad. Sc. Paris,287B, 13, 1978.Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Ovechkin, Izv. Akad. Nauk. SSSR Ser. Fiz.,42, 101, 1978.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Genoux-Lubian and G. Ardisson, Radiochem. Radioanal. Letts.,33, 59, 1978.Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Ovechkin and A. E. Khokhlov, Izv. Akad. Nauk. SSSR, Ser. Fiz.,48, 1032, 1984.Google Scholar
- 11.L. Al-Houty, S. U. El-Kameesy and H. Abou-Leila, Qatar Univ. Sci. Bull.,9, 37, 1989.Google Scholar