On the saturated corona profiles at ground surface and underneath HVDC lines
The saturated corona profiles over the ground surface and underneath HVDC monopolar lines are calculated using simple expressions.
Relations between the saturated values at certain positions and the length of the field line emanating from the wire and terminating to that position are given.
The calculated values fit reasonably the measured ones.
KeywordsGround Surface Field Line Field Intensity Steel Fiber Flux Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. E. Zaffanella, Space Charge Effects of HVDC Transmission Line Corona-Full Scale and Model Line Tests, Proceedings of the 1984 Japan-US Science Seminar, Oct. 13–16, 1984 Japan, pp. 109–122.Google Scholar
- 2.Electric Power Research Institute, DC Conductor Development, Final Report, Project RP 1514, Feb. 1982 (EPRI EL-2257).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Hara et al, IEEE Trans., Vol. PAS-101, 803, 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Abdel-Salam, M. Farghally and S. Abdel-Sattar, IEEE Trans., Vol. PAS-101, 4079, 1982.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Abdel-Salam, M. Farghally and S. Abdel-Sattar, Acta Phys. Hung.,54, 313, 1983.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Abdel-Sattar, Flux Lines Emanating from or Terminating to HVDC Transmission Lines with Bundle Conductors, Modelling, Simulation and Control, A, AMSE Press, Vol. 18, N° 3, pp. 45–54, 1988.Google Scholar
- 7.W. Janischewskyj and G. Gela, Computation of Electric Fields Surrounding HVDC Transmission Lines in Corona, Proceedings of the 1984 Japan-US Science Seminar, Oct. 13–16, 1984, Japan, pp. 167–181.Google Scholar