Dissociation energies for the electronic ground states of GaF, InF and TlF
- 14 Downloads
The dissociation energies of the diatomic molecules GaF, InF and TlF have been computed by fitting empirical potential functions to the true potential energy curves for the electronic ground states of the molecules. The five parameter Hulburt-Hirschfelder function and Rao and Reddy's modified potential function have been used. The estimated dissociation energies are 9.772±0.288, 8.571±0.256 and 7.209±0.641 kJ/mol for GaF, InF and TlF, respectively. These values are in good agreement with literature values. The first ionization potentials for these molecules are estimated.
KeywordsIonization Potential Dissociation Energy Diatomic Molecule Electronic Ground State Potential Energy Curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. N. Thakur, R. B. Singh and D. K. Rai, J. Sci. and Ind. Res.,27, 339, 1968.Google Scholar
- 7.Mizushima Masataka, Rotating Diatomic Molecules, John Wiley, New York, 1975.Google Scholar
- 10.R. R. Reddy and T. V. R. Rao, Acta Phys. Pol.64A, 309, 1983.Google Scholar
- 13.A. G. Gaydon, Dissociation Energies, Chapman and Hall, London, 1968.Google Scholar
- 14.K. P. Huber and G. Herzberg, Molecular Spectra and Molecular Structure, Vol. IV, Constants of Diatomic Molecules, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 1979.Google Scholar