K − and\(\bar p\) Production in Au + Pb Collisions at 11.5 A GeV/cProduction in Au + Pb Collisions at 11.5 A GeV/c
- 8 Downloads
I will present the first results from the E864 collaboration on the production of negative kaons and antiprotons in 10% central 11.5 A GeV/c Au+Pb nucleus collisions at the Brookhaven AGS. E864 is a high rate, open geometry spectrometer, capable of measuring particle production in a range of rapidities and transverse momenta at a single setting of the spectrometer magnets. The results are derived from the analysis of over 20 million central interactions collected in the Fall 1994 run. I will report onK − production in a rapidity range from 1.9<y<2.2 (y cm=1.6) and 25<pT<150 MeV/c, and\(\bar p\) production from 1.2<y<2.2 and 50<pT<400 MeV/c. A comparison with previously published results from E878 is presented and the implications for\(\bar \Lambda \) production are discussed.
KeywordsQuark Matter Annihilation Cross Section Rapidity Range Spectrometer Magnet Straw Tube
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G.Q. Li et al.,Phys. Lett. B351 (1995) 37.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Sandweiss et al.,E864: Proposal For Funding (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Lacasse, plenary talk atQuark Matter ’96 (proceedings in preparation).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Crawford, plenary talk atQuark Matter ’96 (proceedings in preparation).Google Scholar
- 9.Mike Bennett, private communication. Note that this is in contrast to previous statements published in .Google Scholar
- 10.P. Rothschild, Ph.D. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1994.Google Scholar
- 11.S. Kahana, private communication.Google Scholar