Isomeric states in the second well of the potential and long-lived superheavy elements
- 12 Downloads
The data on long-lived isomeric states obtained via secondary reactions in CERN W targets irradiated with 24 GeV protons and also by the16O+197Au and28Si+181Ta reactions are summarized. Their consequences concerning the existence and the discovery of the long-lived superheavy element withZ=112 are discussed.
KeywordsRabie Isomeric State Fusion Cross Section Superdeformed Band Proton Separation Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Marinov, S. Eshhar and D. Kolb,Phys. Lett. B191 (1987) 36.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Marinov, S. Eshhar and D. Kolb,Fizika 19, Suppl. 1, (1987) 68 and references therein.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Marinov, S. Gelberg and D. Kolb, invited talk,Workshop on Physics of Unstable Nuclear Beams, São Paulo, Brazil, 1996.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Marinov, S. Gelberg, H. Folger, D. Kolb and W. Oelert,8th Int. Conf. on Atomic Masses and Fundamental Constants, Jerusalem (1990) L-46.Google Scholar
- 11.a)A. Marinov, S. Gelberg and D. Kolb,6th Int. Conf. on Nuclei Far From Stability and 9th Int. Conf. on Atomic Masses and Fundamental Constants, Bernkastel-Kues, Germany, Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser. No.132 (1992) 437; b)Int. School Seminar on Heavy Ion Physics, eds Yu. Ts. Oganessian et al., Dubna, Russia, Vol. 1 (1993) p. 162.Google Scholar
- 12.S. Hofmann et al.,Z. Phys. A354 (1996) 229.Google Scholar